Legal Question in DUI Law in Michigan

MIP... (purchase/consumption/possession by a minor)

i had a beer at a friends house, im 17, a few days later, someone told the cops that we had been drinking. the cops came and talked to me after a week and i admitted to having a beer. now they are charging me with something like an MIP even tho there were no breathalizers given and no one was actually ''caught'' in possession of alcohol. what do i do?? court is on Feb. 9th.

Asked on 2/06/09, 4:45 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Timothy Klisz Klisz Law Office, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: MIP... (purchase/consumption/possession by a minor)

Unfortunately for you, you confessed to the possession when they asked you if you had consumed the beer. Without that, you would have an excellent defense case. Even so, you certainly need to keep this off your permanent criminal record and I can help. Visit to discuss. Tim Klisz

Read more
Answered on 2/06/09, 4:57 pm
William Morrison Action Defense Center
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: MIP... (purchase/consumption/possession by a minor)

Bob is murdered.

The police interview Bob's acquaintances asking each if they killed Bob.

When questioned, Frank tells the police "I killed Bob".

Frank is arrested and charged with murder even though no other evidence of his culpability exists.

Frank has to go to court.

What should Frank do?

ANS: Since Frank is completely clueless about defending himself, maybe Frank should get a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 2/06/09, 8:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Michigan

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now