Legal Question in DUI Law in Michigan

i was recently pulled over for drunk driving in dearborn mi. I was also given a ticket for failing to yield to a emergency vichael which was the reason i was pulled over in the first place. But i was merging onto the freeway as the police car was approaching and it is difficult to give clearance to an emergency vichael while trying to merge on a freeway at 60 miles an hour. i would of had to slam on the brakes and stay in the merge lane which was ending or pull on the sholder. Did the officer have cause to pull me over because if i had the same situation happen again i don't know how i would of handled it differently.... Thank you.

William Morrison Action Defense Center

Do you mean that if you were driving drunk and had the same situation happen again, you'd likely do the same thing????

As for the question "Did the officer have cause to pull me over", your actions (or lack of them) indicate the answer is "YES".

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Michigan