Michigan  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/13/13, 12:41 pm

My 15 year old daughter recieved a gift of $2300 from a family friend to be used for a car. My ex wife (her mother) held the money and then purchased a car with this money and gave the car to my daughter on her 16th birthday, complete with bow and in front of party guest. the car is titled in my daughters name and her mothers name. Her mother married and left the state on short notice taking the car with her. My ex wife refuses to return the car or the $2300, my daughter is 16 years old. Can I sue my ex wife on my minor duaghters behalf or is there a specifc motuion that needs to be filed?

P.S. Friend of the Court can offer no help

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search