Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

I'm a 19 year old single mom, I'm going to college, working, and taking care of my baby. The baby's daddy wants to fight for joint custody of the baby while he left to college and he is in the baby's life only whe he can. He is living his dream without worries about the baby and his mother is a contro freak and is advising him to do this. I also want to peruse my dream and going to the Air Force but I have to give full custody of my baby and would like to give it to my mother. No one else, what can I do?

Asked on 3/23/12, 4:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Stern William Stern, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

How does your mother feel about this? Is it fair to your child to be raised by an older person? How can you compare joining the military with the joys of being a good mother? The military is cool for people in a position to take that route. You chose another path when you had the child. As far as the father is concerned, the fact that he has a minimal relationship with the child is not only his loss now, but times that he will never be able to relive.

Read more
Answered on 3/23/12, 6:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now