Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

I have a court order date to pick up my out of state child to spend the summer months with me. For the last four months I have been trying to get up to date contact information for her, I have put in a request to the office of child support. They informed me that they have the same contact information that I have. Her mother has disconnected all four phone numbers I have and I sent my daughter a cell phone paid for a year service and the phone was sent back to me stating undeliverable due to no one by that name living there, this what starting my inquiry about her contact information. Now, today is the day for me to pick up my daughter and when I went to the address I have been picking her up from for the last years they dont live there and another family is living there now. So now Im on my way to the police department to file a report. Is there any other way I can get something done about this? I want to know where my daughter lives.

Christopher Brown Brown & Associates, Legal Services, PLLC

Your first step is correct contact the police to file a parental kidnapping complaint. You may also file a motion with the court to hold her in contempt and request to suspend / change the parenting time conditions to ensure the safety of the child. Feel free to contact me for a free evaluation of your situation.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan