Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

My wife and I are unfortunately filing for divorce. She started a home side business during the course of marriage and invested "our" money into the business. The business has failed, though she still does some projects for friends. Now that we are filing for divorce, what am I entitled to? Half of the start up investment? Left over Capitol? There was never a profit even generated from this business.

Thank you!

Asked on 7/06/11, 11:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Stern William Stern, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You are probably going to share in the start-up costs of this failed business. If the business was successful, you would have complained if she kept all the profits for herself. Since it failed, you will share the losses. Marriage is an economic partnership.

Read more
Answered on 7/06/11, 11:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now