Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

My wife and I are unfortunately filing for divorce. She started a home side business during the course of marriage and invested "our" money into the business. The business has failed, though she still does some projects for friends. Now that we are filing for divorce, what am I entitled to? Half of the start up investment? Left over Capitol? There was never a profit even generated from this business.

Thank you!

William Stern William Stern, P.C.

You are probably going to share in the start-up costs of this failed business. If the business was successful, you would have complained if she kept all the profits for herself. Since it failed, you will share the losses. Marriage is an economic partnership.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan