Legal Question in Immigration Law in Michigan

I am becoming a legal resident here in a few months. I have a fiance who is here on a tourist visa. We are planning to get married. Should we wait til I become a legal resident or can we get married before? Can I petition for him once I receive my resident alien card? How long will it take?

Asked on 8/15/13, 8:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Cho Law Offices of Michael Cho
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, you may file for his adjustment of status once you are a permanent resident of the United States and get married to him.

You may find more information about the process here:

Read more
Answered on 8/16/13, 12:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Michigan

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88393 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Charles AspinwallCharles S. Aspinwall, J.D., LLCLos Lunas, NM
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now