Legal Question in Immigration Law in Michigan

I lost my full time H1 recently. I although still have a valid concurrent part time H1b. My question is- 1. Can I continue working on part time H1 and maintain valid legal status? 2. Can I meanwhile also apply for new full time H1b in less than a months time? 3. What are my chances of getting my new full time H1b approved? 4. Is there a time limit considering all my details (valid part time H1b) within which I need to apply for new full time H1b? My new employer has an attorney and the application for H1b is to be sent in a couple days to USCIS for my H1. USCIS would receive the packet in less that 10 days post my full time H1b being withdrawn. Is there anything I need to do? Thanks

Asked on 6/27/13, 10:18 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

To answer your questions briefly: 1) yes, 2) Yes, 3) Depends on many factors; too detailed to address in this type of forum, 4) No, as long as you maintain H-1B status pursuant to the valid I-120 petition for part time employment, 5) You should be discussing all of this with the attorney who is filing your new case.

Read more
Answered on 6/30/13, 9:23 am
Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

4) I meant I-129 petition, sorry. Typo.

Read more
Answered on 6/30/13, 9:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Michigan

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88553 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now