Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Michigan

i received a summons to appear in court tommorow in michigan for a commericl property land contract forfeiture. The plaintif wants posion and claiming $10,000 in roof damages. Also suing for past due property taxes. i have vacated the property a few months ago. I was never served in person & found out about the case by accedant when i called the court regarding a ticket. My court date is tomorrow. I sent a letter to the attorny by fax yesterday telling him that Im welling to give the property back if they drop the case, they never responded. What can I say to the judge just so i can buy time to come up with some money to hire an attorney.

Asked on 9/10/12, 8:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Klisz Klisz Law Office, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Go to court yourself, ask the judge to adjourn the date because you just found out, were not personally served and want to hire a lawyer. Should be easy. I see you are in Canton, I have an office in Livonia and can certainly help you locally here. Visit me at to discuss further. Thanks, Tim Klisz

Read more
Answered on 9/10/12, 9:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Michigan

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now