Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Michigan

Two questions: 1st-The PR of the estate is claiming I took something w/o permission. I did not. Regardless, the estate lawyer sent a letter to me allowing me to take anything left in the house. The PR claims I did this after I received the letter. We're in mediation now. Can I sue for defamation as the PR claimed I took something that was not there, but I was given permission to take anything by them in the first place? This is costing the estate $, and I am supposed to receive 1/2 of the estate.

2nd-Estate is claiming I have a loan they'd like to collect on. They claimed it was for the purpose of home improvement on my house. I did not have a loan from the deceased. I proved this with documents submitted in the petition for declaratory relief. Now we're in mediation. Can I sue for the $ costing mediation for falsely claiming I have a loan and attempting to collect an arbitrary debt?

Timothy Klisz Klisz Law Office, PLLC

No and no. But I would run it by your attorney for their opinion as they are certainly familiar with the facts. Tim Klisz

Jules Fiani Law Offices of Jules N. Fiani

If you are having a situation like this, I would love to speak with you about it. Call 810-227-7200 or visit www.jnfiani.com for more information

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Michigan