Minnesota  |  Banking Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/08/09, 8:16 pm

My wife has rented a safe deposit box in her name only and has put the deed to our house and savings bonds valued at 10,000.00 into it, she refuses to give me access to the box and will not take the items out. She wanted to rent a safe deposit box and I did not, so after we discussed it and disagreed on the subject she rented it on her own. How can I gain access to it if she refuses to allow it.

1 Answer

Answered on: 12/13/09, 7:18 pm by David Anderson

Without her consent you would need a Court Order.

Have you considered marital counseling?

You may have bigger problems than the SD box.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Mahoney Anderson LLC P.O. Box 44504 Eden Prairie, MN 55344

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search