Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

agravated robbery

me and 3 others was arrested and charged with aggravated robbery i am 16 and currently on house arrest. they want to charge me as an adult(EJJ) my public defender says its at least one year in jail, i never took part in the actual robbery but i did go back for the money. what is going to happen to me?

Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers

Re: agravated robbery

The answer to your question is not a simple one. The result may depend on the particular facts of the case, any prior record that you may have and the defenses that you may be able to present.

You are charged with a very serious felony and a conviction can carry with it lengthy jail sentences, and fines. Moreover, the conviction can follow though to your adult record in some circumstances resulting in significant collateral consequences such as making it difficult to pass background checks for finding employment or renting an apartment.

With so much at stake, you would be wise to retain aggressive cunsel for your representation.

For a consultation call 612.240.8005 or visit criminal-law.tv

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota