Minnesota  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/18/02, 5:33 pm

Custodial mom wants to leave state - what can dad do?

My husband and a former girlfriend have a son together and never married. The son is now 13. My husband has visitation rights only and mom is the custodial parent. He sees his son every other weekend. Mom has made a mess of her life here and wants to start over in Florida but she wants to take her son with. She has no job lined up down there or a place to live. Last winter Mom was arrested and charged with domestic assult on a minor (son) but not convicted. She plead guilty to a lesser charge of disorderly conduct and got a fine and probation. During that time his son lived with us and went from a C-D student to straight B's. What in the world can we do to keep my stepson in this state???

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search