Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

My ex and I are divorced and have 3 children together. My ex is required to pay money every month to the state towards the state medical insurance they are on. Also it it stated my ex pay 92% of all uncovered or uninsured medical/dental, etc.

Recently I took my children to a dentist not in our network because the dentist they had been seeing was horrible and we had several bad incidents.

I tried to find a new dentist in our network but none are able to see them for over 5 months. My children all need work done and have cavities. I just want to know if under these circumstances do I have the right to take them to a good dentist, not in our state covered network plan, and that can treat the children now? Or do I have to stay in the network to get my ex to pay for the uninsured expenses?

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. State issues as to pediatric dentistry have been in the press recently. A starting point is to review the terms of the existing court order. As to your specific issues, I urge you to have attorney counsel. Your attorney will be able to provide you with guidance and advice.

Tricia Dwyer Esq

Ph 612-296-9666

Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

FAMILY LAW

DIVORCE LAW

POST DIVORCE LAW

CHILD CUSTODY & PARENTING TIME LAW

PARENTING TIME EXPEDITOR

FAMILY LAW MEDIATOR

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota