Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

My ex and I are divorced and have 3 children together. My ex is required to pay money every month to the state towards the state medical insurance they are on. Also it it stated my ex pay 92% of all uncovered or uninsured medical/dental, etc.

Recently I took my children to a dentist not in our network because the dentist they had been seeing was horrible and we had several bad incidents.

I tried to find a new dentist in our network but none are able to see them for over 5 months. My children all need work done and have cavities. I just want to know if under these circumstances do I have the right to take them to a good dentist, not in our state covered network plan, and that can treat the children now? Or do I have to stay in the network to get my ex to pay for the uninsured expenses?

Asked on 10/07/13, 7:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Hello. State issues as to pediatric dentistry have been in the press recently. A starting point is to review the terms of the existing court order. As to your specific issues, I urge you to have attorney counsel. Your attorney will be able to provide you with guidance and advice.

Tricia Dwyer Esq

Ph 612-296-9666

Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC







Read more
Answered on 10/08/13, 4:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now