Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

In the law of mn is there a possible way I can lose custody of my kids if the ex tell the judge that I'm a unfit mother and proven that I am not?

Asked on 7/15/13, 7:00 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Matthew Majeski Majeski Law, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you are not an unfit mother, you cannot lose custody of your children. Your ex could try to establish his own custody and/or parenting time rights. Obviously, if your ex gained some parenting time you would lose that time, but otherwise custody could not just be "taken" from you.

Read more
Answered on 7/15/13, 7:14 am
Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Hello. A judge would make a determination of custody based upon what is in the best interest of the children, which, of course, includes a consideration of whether a parent is deemed fit or unfit. You should confer privately with an attorney for your personal issues and needs. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.

Tricia Dwyer, Esq.

Phone: 612-296-9666








Read more
Answered on 7/15/13, 7:23 am
Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

First, a Court may change custody once it has been determined if there is a finding that he child is endangered in the current custodial situation physically, emotionally or developmentally and the benefit of the change outweighs any harm that would be caused by the change. In that setting, the moving party has the burden of proving their case.

Often, the result of the proceeding may depend on how well you argue and support your case in the context of the statute. You should always have experienced legal counsel. For a consultation cal 612-240-8005.

Read more
Answered on 7/15/13, 11:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now