Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

i live in minnesota, have signed a recognition of parentage, with child support, in 4-17-13 did a dna test and the child, is not mind, what do i do now. please help

Asked on 5/16/13, 5:56 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The Answer may deppend on the child's age. If you signed the Recognition of Parentage less than 60 days ago, you may still revoke it in writing before a Notary and file it with the State. If more than 60 days has elapsed, you must bring an action to disclaim paternity - which is essentially the opposite of a paternity action. Whether or not that can be done ay also depend on the facts of your case and the age of the child.

For a consultation call 612-240-8005.

Read more
Answered on 5/16/13, 2:31 pm
Matthew Majeski Majeski Law, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I agree with counsel regarding your options and the timelines. I suggest you contact an attorney to help you look over your facts and see if they can help you rescind the ROP and get out of the child support obligation.

Read more
Answered on 5/17/13, 7:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now