Minnesota  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/04/13, 3:27 pm

I am on the losing end of an appeal for child support modification. I have just received a letter from his attorney stating he filed the enclosed form-139 (Minnesota). for taxation costs and disbursements. I am utterly confused by what I read in the rules about disputing these charges. He has 0% visitation and has just gotten his support reduced by 25%. I can't afford to pay his fees too.

-- from what I can gather I have 7 days to submit a dispute? -- but is says I should use the same form-- there is nowhere to write objections?? I am also preparing a petition to ask the Supreme court to hear the case... does that change anything.

I was pro se in the appeal and proceed in forma pauperis in both the district and appeals court.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search