Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

Even though MN is a "no fault" divorce state, can the events leading up to and after have an impact on the rulings of the court?

My spouse and I seperated on 05/28 after my spouse had an affair. My spouse moved out and lived with their parents for a bit, we then filed for a Joint divorce on 06/10. My spouse has since then, bought a car, found an apartment with the person they had the affair with, and has applied for all sorts of assistance, all of this while introducing our son to this person.

My spouse is a recovering substance abuser, and is with a recovering alcoholic with a checkered past of DUI, DWI, and Domestic Violence.

My spouse continues to say that NONE of it matters since MN is a "no fault" divorce state.

Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers

Infidelity has no impact on the divorce BUT if the issues have an impact on custody or other issues, they are relevant. Certainly chemical abuse and physical abuse can have an impact on custody issues.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota