Minnesota  |  Civil Litigation

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/19/11, 9:01 am

Over year ago, i received legal documents pertaining to a case involving a girl with same name as me, but not me. (She had borrowed her uninsured car to another individual, who got into an accident, and the insurance company for the other driver was suing her- i never owned the car described, i don't know the person who was driving the car, and the car had Wisconsin Lisc. Plates - where i have nevr lived) I called the plaintiffs lawyer to inform them they were contacting the wrong person, and after a few calls was assured it would get cleared up.

Now, a few weeks ago, i received a Notice of Judicial Assignment of the case, and now yesterday received copies of the Plaintiff's Motion for Default, Proposed findings, and an Affidavit saying that to the best of his knowledge, my address is where this girl lives. I tried calling that lawyer again, but just got voicemail.

I'm at a loss for what to do. I really can't afford to find my own lawyer, i'm just surviving as is. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search