Minnesota  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

I was recently evicted from my apartment rental unit because a search warrant for narcotics was executed on my apartment rental property. I lived there with my boyfriend at the time. We were both on the lease agreement. The warrant clearly stated it was for my boyfriend and his belonging/property. They searched our entire apartment and all of our belongings and found NOTHING but 1 small glass pipe with "residue" to which my boyfriend immediately took claim of. I had no knowledge of or involvement in any illegal activity. I never witness my boyfriend participating in any legal activity either. My name was NOT listed on the search warrant or any other documentation. NO charges were filed against me. During the raid and search the police stated they were NOT there for me but for my boyfriend regarding any involvement he may have in selling or distributing narcotics. This was a horrible and frightening experience for me. Can my apartment complex really evict and take my home away from me. I had done nothing wrong. Does not seam fair to me. The entire situation was beyond my control and I felt completely helpless and angry. I could understand them evicting my boyfriend because that is who the search warrant was for but evict me too? I had lived on and off in this apartment complex for over 10 years and had never gotten even 1 complaint about anything EVER. They are also demanding us to pay the rest of our rent payments through to the end of our lease or until our unit is re- rented.

Thank you sincerely for any insight you may have to share with me.