Minnesota  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/31/13, 8:24 am

we have a non public maintained road that has no easrments plats designating it aroadway nor eminent acq. or gifts of property transferring road to our township.the county gave permission for major road improvements without our consent.the township says it a private road.a judge ruled it a common law road but according supreme court case kennedy v. pepin twsp. of wabasha co. file a08-1921 the courts cannot substitute their judgment over the road authority in road matters.as it stands now we are the party liable in case of accident on our road..seasonal cabin owners down the road have tried to force road authority to provide a better road an lost.so under threat of arrest by our sherrif private partys had some 20 loads of gravel spread across our portion of road.changing drainage and the whole charictaristic of our property.also sheriff used county back hoe to open road in spring for his friend when they returned from there home in texas.there are zero permanent homes past our property.please help us defend our rights.there is alot more to this.i mean alot! thank you.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search