Legal Question in Traffic Law in Minnesota

Visitor: I am sorry to bother you, but if you could clarify something for me, I would very much appreciate it. According to the definition of "urban district," the stretch of road on 46th Street heading east from 46th Ave s through the Park, and then onto the Intercity Bridge, cannot be counted as an "urban district." The territory contiguous with that road is almost completely empty of any business, residential, or industrial structures. But if this is right, then the statutory speed limit for this area defaults to 55 mph unless, pursuant to 169.14 Sub.2a (8)(c), it is changed to 35mph. This would mean that the speed trap on the Intercity Bridge/Ford Parkway and Mississippi Blvd. S has, strictly speaking, no basis in law if motorists are cited for speeds of less than 55 mph prior to reaching the speed sign on the east side of that intersection. Thoughts?

Landon Ascheman Ascheman & Smith, LLC

The definition of the area would need to be more examined more in depth.

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. I urge you to have private attorney counsel in the event that you are facing a legal issue of this sort and considering making a legal argument to the trier of law and of fact. You are welcome to contact me. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will speak initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in a limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.

TRICIA DWYER, ESQ.

Tricia Dwyer, Esq & Associates PLLC

Phone: 612-296-9666

365 Days of the Year until 8 p.m. daily

dwyer.tricia@gmail.com

http://dwyerlawfirm.net

CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAW

TRAFFIC LAW

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Minnesota