Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Minnesota

Is there anyway to fight againest a POA who made the change and put there own name as the beneficiary of my dads life insurance, without my dads knowledge? The POA has since passed away. The POA signed for the change of putting himself as the beneficiary. From years of drinking my dad was not in the right state of mind, paperwork to prove it,to make any life changes. The POA took us(the kids)off, and him on as the beneficiary. Can I fight this?

Asked on 3/07/12, 8:07 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Melvin Peterson 763-424-6442
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

yes but you need to check the poa and who drafted it etc yo really need to contact an attorney on this because this is fact intensive and the issues need to be explored

Read more
Answered on 3/14/12, 8:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Minnesota

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now