Minnesota  |  Workers Comp

I got injured at work(sprained ankle). There is a workman's comp case filed. I went to the er and then the orthopedic surgeon. I have to be off of work until June 15th. I was planning to put in my two weeks notice but then all of this happened. My boss knows that I was thinking about putting in my two weeks notice but I have not formally done it yet in writing like he wants. If I do put in my two weeks notice(which I still plan on just trying to figure out when), my boss wants it as soon as possible. I am worried that if I do put in my two weeks notice now that they won't pay my bills and I will just end up screwing myself over. What advice do you have for me?

Answered on: 6/05/13, 10:14 am by J. Chris Carpenter

Do not quit, it may mess up your wage loss claim. It will not impact your medical to quit. Call a work comp attorney though, so he or she can ask about additional facts that may be needed to make the best decision for you. You can call me, if you want.

Chris Carpenter, 507 625 3000

Chesley Kroon Chambers and Harvey 75 Teton Lane Mankato, MN 56001