Legal Question in Family Law in Mississippi

divorce settlement

Part of our divorce settlement was that my ex-husband would pay me $500.00 before the end of February 2007. He moved out of the house we were living in and Quitclaimed it to me so that I could sell it or refinance it. I was not able to do either, so the house went into foreclosure. Now, because of that, he is refusing to pay the $500.00 that was listed in our divorce settlement. What legal action can I take against him to get my money and how do I proceed?

Mary Milek Milek Law Firm

Re: divorce settlement

It is impossible to determine without reading the decree, but it sounds like you may both be in contempt of court. Have you spoken to your attorney that represented you in the divorce? This should be the first step you take.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Mississippi