Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Mississippi

I recieved a settlement check from a trucking company that was involved with the death of my father, upon recieving the check I deposited it in a savings account that had both my name and my cousins name on it. We both made a verbal agreement that she was not to touch any of the money in the account simce it was rightfully mine. About a week or two later she came to me asking if she could borrow $8,000 to help her pay what she owed to the I.R.S and I told her the only way I would do that was if she paid it back she agreed, now being my cousin I agreed verbally with her that I would help her. It has been a little over a year and she has yet paid me anything and she is avoiding me that way she doesn't have to pay. My question is is there any legal action I can take in order to get my money back?

Albert Pettigrew Law Offices Ph 228-875-8736

You can ask her to sign a note or other memorandum of your agreement, sue her to bring the matter to a head, or ask her to agree to have someone mediate or arbitrate between the two of you.

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Mississippi

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms