Missouri  |  Business Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/24/10, 4:31 am

I was made a minor shareholder in a company and in return I signed a non compete and non divulgence agreement for those shares. I left the company 8 years later as a result of not being happy with a lot of actions by the corporate leadership which included tax fraud by moving equipment interestate to avoid sales tax and personal property taxes. They have sent me a letter saying I am bound by my agreement - however they have since filed chapter 11 bankruptcy. Can I now open my own business in the same area and inform the states about the tax issues without getting sued?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search