Legal Question in Criminal Law in Missouri

can I sue if i was put in danger at Wal-Mart when two people in front of me at customer service were trying to return items they had never purchased and loss prevention was aware of this and standing at both sides of the exits of customer service waiting for the victim to except the refund so that they could detain them and take him and her to jail. The people who stole started swinging when the loss prevention told them to not be stupid they are going to jail and I was sitting right there next to all of it in a motorized wheelchair and i am 6 months pregnant and was put in danger not only for being there as a fight broke out but because either the people stealing or loss prevention sprayed mace and it got in my eyes and i inhaled it and started having chest pains and my blood pressure shot up high and that could have put me at risk since I am a high risk pregnancy and recently had complications a week or so ago and was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Anthony Smith LawSmith

Under the facts you described, you can sue. However, it appears that you have little or few damages. Therefore, it is unlikely that an attorney would take the case on acontingent fee basis.

Good luck

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Missouri