Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

My boyfriend was recently arrested for a warrant for not appearing in court. They set a $10,000 bond for him to get out. A bail bonds man said if I pay 10 percent of the bond which is 1000 he could get out. I don't have that kind of cash to get him out. We're also expecting a baby at the end of this month and I really want him to be there when the baby is born. I've heard of surety bonds and signature bonds. Is there anyway to get a bond for cash only to be changed to a surety or signature bond?

Asked on 10/03/09, 3:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, there are a number of different things that might be accomplished by a criminal defense lawyer. Depending upon the nature of the initial criminal charge upon which your boyfriend chose not to appear in court, you might be able to hire an attorney instead of wasting time and money dealing with bondsmen.

Read more
Answered on 10/03/09, 11:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now