Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

My boyfriend was recently arrested for a warrant for not appearing in court. They set a $10,000 bond for him to get out. A bail bonds man said if I pay 10 percent of the bond which is 1000 he could get out. I don't have that kind of cash to get him out. We're also expecting a baby at the end of this month and I really want him to be there when the baby is born. I've heard of surety bonds and signature bonds. Is there anyway to get a bond for cash only to be changed to a surety or signature bond?

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Yes, there are a number of different things that might be accomplished by a criminal defense lawyer. Depending upon the nature of the initial criminal charge upon which your boyfriend chose not to appear in court, you might be able to hire an attorney instead of wasting time and money dealing with bondsmen.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri