Missouri  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/17/11, 6:07 am

We live in Missouri and we are in the process of having our twelve year old non-biological child adopted to a family in California. Their lawyer has informed our lawyer that we need to sign a form that assumes financial responsibility for the child if down the road the adoption doesn't work out. We have never heard of such a form. We are not interested in guardianship because of the future potential responsibility. Is this a legal requirement or is she just trying to cover her clients best interests?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search