Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

I posted this earlier but I don't think I was clear enough. My ex wife and I have 2 children together. They are 2 and 5 years old and are both female. We have 50/50 legal and physical custody with her address as primary. In other words, I pay her child support... She has her boyfriend living with her now and has for some time. He is in the process of going to court for child molestation/statutory sodomy/child endangerment. 11 counts in total. My question, is there anything I can do to take my kids? He has not been convicted of anything yet and one lawyer told me that there is really nothing I can do until there is a conviction. Is that TRUE?!?! I interpret that answer the same as "I should only fill my gas tank up after I run out of gas." I mean seriously!!, I have to wait until he touches one of my kids until I can do something? What would you do?!?!?!?

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

I would file a Motion for full custody.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri