Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

My wife and I have been married for 35 years, if she will agree not to take any of my retirement; can the courts still award her part of my retirement even though she agreed not to touch mine if I dont touch hers? Mine is better than hers.

Asked on 9/25/13, 6:42 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Mel Franke Mel G. Franke, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If the agreement is mutually agreed to ater full disclosure and not unconsciousable the judge will likely approve it. But after 35 years of marriage she gets $10,000.00 and you get $1,000,000.00 I don't believe any judge would approve it.

Read more
Answered on 9/27/13, 9:15 am
Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Do you still believe that after seeing a disparity in the size of retirements, that she or her attorney will admit that she agreed to do without her portion of your retirement funds? If you think she will, you might prevail. But, it seems much more likely that you will have a hard time proving that any such agreement occurred with full disclosure and an opportunity to consult counsel.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 11/04/13, 11:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now