Legal Question in Employment Law in Missouri

Docking Salaried Employees Pay

My husband and I are both salaried employees for the same company. Per 29CFR541, we are both properly classified as such. Our company docks pay regardless of hours worked in the week if we don't have 8 hours between 8-5 for one day and/or 40 hours for one week.

Example: I worked 33 hours in one week. I had requested 8 hours vacation. I was docked 16 hours pay. 8 for holiday (I was still probationary) and 8 for my requested day, even though I had worked some on the vacation day and holiday.

Example: My husband worked 70 hours one week and came in at 11 on one day. He was docked 3 hours personal time.

Is this something worth investigating further? The company manual is vague on the issue of salaried employees.

Anthony Smith LawSmith

Re: Docking Salaried Employees Pay

The situation you described is worth further investigation. Your husband should ask why he was not paid overtime for the week that he worked 70 hours. The answer might tell you a great deal.

Good Luck

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Missouri

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms