Missouri  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/28/13, 9:22 am

I have a 31 year old son and his wife living in my house, and there not paying me any thing to stay here, and I want them to move out , but they won't, what can I do about that , please help

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/29/13, 3:34 am by Anthony Smith

Sadly, you may have to formally evict them through the Court. The name of the pleading is "unlawful detainer" and you may be able to find a form pleading somewhere. It would be better to have an attorney draft a custom one and explain the process to you. The little it Woolf cost to have this done, will likely outweigh the cost of failing to get the Order of eviction, and monetary damages. Perhaps even a letter from that attorney would prompt them to move out.

Good luck

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

LawSmith P.O. Box 2336 Lee's Summit, MO 64063

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search