Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Missouri

There has been extensive water damage and mold in my apartment from a leaky water heater. the landlord is replacing the flooring in the bathroom, bedroom and kitchen, plus all the cabinets must come out because of the water and mold. We moved all our furniture out of those rooms and went to stay with relatives yesterday. Now they have notified us they are going to re-carpet the living room too. They have given us 4 days to move. In order to return when it is finished they say we must renegotiate a new lease, pay higher rent and get rid of part of our animals, even though they have known for years about the dog and cats and have never said a word. What are my rights?

Asked on 6/05/13, 2:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I if your landlord wants out of there please obligations, they should pay you. You may want to hire an attorney in your area, to negotiate your release agreement with the landlord'

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 6/05/13, 8:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now