Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Missouri

I have a question. I have hypothyroid and when I was pregnant with my first daughter, who is 4 now, the doctor providing my prenatal care informed me and my fiancÚ that my low thyroid would not affect the baby because they make there own. I have extremely low thyroid and at that point I hadent been tested in awhile. We thought nothing of hurting our daughter. When I was pregnant with my son who is one, we saw a different doc. He informed us that it is terribly bad for a women to have low thyroid he tested me constantly, proscribed medication, and sent me to a specialist. We have now found out our daughter has speech and vocabulary issues along with attention issues. Was the doc who gave me prenatal care for her in the wrong and neglegant?

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Possibly, but there is a two year statute of limitations on medical malpractice suits and you appear to be out of time.

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Missouri