Missouri  |  Personal Injury

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/21/08, 12:38 am

Do I have any case?

On Aug 22nd I was in an auto accident where I believed I had the right of way(it was a green light and a clear intersection) but when I'd nearly cleared the intersection I was struck by another car. She said she was in a funeral procession--although there was at least a four car gap between her and the car in front of her. Unfortunately though all this I didn't have insurance-- but I've already dealt with that ticket. Neither of use were ticketed for the accident itself. Later she told me on the phone that the escort had left when the first half of the party went through. She also said on the phone that she was going to sue the funeral home. I never heard a word from her after that. Now I get served and she's suing me for $10,000. And the court date was 12 days after I received the papers.

I'm trying to find out how to get a continuance so I can find a lawyer in the small frame of time. I also want a professional opinion if I have any case for not having to pay her off, and maybe getting anything back?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search