Missouri  |  Personal Injury

My son was eating a fruit cup at a chain restaurant that ryhmes with O'Barleys. It was prepared by the local facility and not pre-packaged. In the middle of the meal he started chewing on something that didnt have the right consistancy, he pulled it out of his mouth and showed grandma. It was a used band-aid which had blood on the patch. Grandma got waitress to take it to MGR. MGR came back with 2 $10 gift cards and apoligized. When I was told of this (30 minutes later) I went to the restaraunt and was told the Manager had thrown out the band aid and was unable to find it. I asked the Manager to find out who made the fruit cup. He would not oblige. I am concerned for my 5 y/o sons health and they aren't interested in assisting.

1. What are my legal rights?

2. I called the health dept. and they are going to the chain rest. today to investigate, what else should I be doing?

3. I called my sons Doctor and they sounded very concerned and wanted him to be seen in 2 weeks.

4. The restaurant has claimed an insurance company would be calling me, should I speak to them or tell them I want to speak with an atty first?

5. What do I need to prove for a ligitmate legal case?