Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Missouri

Plumbing responsibity in a condominium

I have a leak at my kitchen faucet. In order to fix the problem (which I plan to handle myself), I need to turn off the water to my condominium unit. Unfortunately, I cannot locate such a turn-off. I have searched everywhere! It is nowhere to be found.

The people that manage my condo complex say that it is my responsibility to hire a plumber to find the shut-off valve or create a water shut-off valve. I think that this is the responsibility of the condominium assocation. Am I responsible for locating or installing a water shut-off valve to my condo unit?

Thank you

Asked on 9/24/01, 10:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Plumbing responsibity in a condominium

The answer to your question should be contained in the articles of condominium, convenants, condo owners associations rules or whatever document is in place.If you would like me to review it for you, I would be happy to do so for a very reasonable fee.

Read more
Answered on 11/07/01, 11:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now