Legal Question in Traffic Law in Missouri

I had a Missouri License and moved to California. In California I had to surrender my License for MO. Now I want to move back to Missouri and go back to my old job which requires some driving. The problem is that while in California, I received 3 points for driving violations (2 speeding and 1 failure to stop at a right turn). Will those points transfer onto my Missouri License when I move back to MO and surrender my CA license?

Asked on 9/23/13, 10:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It is unlikely that Missouri will put any encumbrances in your new Missouri license, as long add your driving privileges have not been suspended or revoked in California. But you may get some of your old Missouri points back. The dmv has some latitude to change their policies. One can never say never about how they might treat a Bryson situation. Driving is a privilege and not a right. If you get Abby tickets on the z Kansas City side of the state, contact me and maybe we can prevent racking up new points.

Good luck and welcome back

Read more
Answered on 9/24/13, 8:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now