Legal Question in Criminal Law in Nevada

i pawned some jewelry for someone tthat didn't have any nevada i.d. and now, because we are fighting, they are threatening me with ttelling the police i did so without consent, what can i do?

Asked on 1/21/13, 12:41 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joseph Iarussi Advanced Litigation Services, Inc.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

This is a tricky situation.. so if their is anyway you can get the items back out of pawn by paying the pawn broker I would try to get the items out of pawn and give the items back to the person.

If charges are filed against you you will be able to testify in court to explain the situation. Ultimately, at the time of trial it will be who the jury believes that matters. If they believe you then you would be found not guilty of whatever charges the state would file against you.

Possible charges : Burglary, Theft, Obtaining money under false pretenses.

Read more
Answered on 1/21/13, 11:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Nevada

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now