Legal Question in Discrimination Law in Nevada

Lawyer Trouble

What do I do when the Lawyer won't give me the money I won from a case?

Asked on 3/10/09, 8:46 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

James Smith James E. Smith Ltd.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Lawyer Trouble

Sue him or file a dispute with the State Bar.

Read more
Answered on 3/10/09, 11:25 pm
Jonathan Reed Reed & Mansfield
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Lawyer Trouble

Several possible situations come to mind. The worse possibility is that that the lawyer stole your money.

But, if there are other people claiming "your money", for example, doctors who treated you if the money won was for a personal injury, the lawyer has a duty to resolve those claims. Also, what was your fee arrangement? Do you owe the lawyer money for fees or costs?

Read more
Answered on 3/11/09, 9:53 am
Joel Selik
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Lawyer Trouble

You should first, request, in writing, the attorney giving you an accounting of the funds. You then may want to hire or consult with another attorney to get to the bottom of this problem.

Read more
Answered on 3/11/09, 10:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in Nevada

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now