Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

My ex girlfriend is pregnant and she can't keep it and wants to give it up for adoption but I want to keep the baby myself can she still adopt it out without me oking it

Asked on 11/13/13, 1:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you are named as the father--you sign an Affidavit of Paternity, then she has to notice you and file a Petition to Terminate Parental Rights.

If you are really interested in wanting to keep and raise this baby, then the best thing for you to do would be to file a Complaint for Custody with the family court. The court will not rule on your case until after the baby is born, but this way, you are preserving your rights and putting your ex and the Court on notice that you have an interest in this baby that you are asserting.

Read more
Answered on 11/13/13, 1:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now