Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

If a parent has been put on supervised visitation, is THAT parent allowed to take the child out of town, if he or she is accompanied by 1 of the 2 previously accepted supervisors?

Asked on 6/20/13, 7:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Roger Harada Law Office of Roger R. Harada
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

As a general rule, supervised visitation means just that: supervised. As long as there is no prohibition in the custodial order forbidding out-of-state/town travel or directing supervised visitation to only occur at a specific place, and the person appointed to supervise the visitation is okay with it and goes along, on its face there does not appear to be a problem here. All that said, it would probably be a good idea to inform the other party of your plans, and if the other party has previously expressed opposition to taking the child to the proposed out-of-town location, and the court has not spoken to that issue, then you might be creating problems acting on your own on this issue absent specific permission from the court. If your "out-of-town" is in reality "out-of-state," make sure you read your custodial order carefully.

Roger R. Harada, Esq.

475 S. Arlington Ave., Suite 1A

Reno, Nevada 89501

(775) 787-7200

Read more
Answered on 6/21/13, 10:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now