Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

I share joint custody with my ex-wife, pay her 1500/month in child support and 2000/month in alimony. she is supposed to pay for half of the kids' things. after school activities, clothing, day care, etc. she has owed me thousands of dollars for years. i got her tested positive for cocaine a couple of years ago and all she got was a patch and a class for a couple of months. i found out that she was caught drinking and driving and a cop let her go. she lost my daughter once and drinks until she blacks out when the kids are at her house. they are 4 and 7. her luck won't run out...what can i do?

Jeffrey Cogan Jeffrey A. Cogan, Esq., Ltd.

You need to file a Motion to change custody based upon these things. Your attorney maybe was not aggressive enough to convince the judge. I would go after her with both barrels. Deposition and maybe even a private investigator. Based upon your alimony and child support, you cannot afford NOT to go after her very aggressively.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada