Legal Question in Employment Law in Nevada

A coworker of mine got caught posting a comment on Facebook about burning our place of work down. She never said the name of our work but everyone knows what she was talking about. She was suspended for 1 day and now me and my other coworkers are upset and uneasy working with an unstable individual. She is a gun enthusiast and mentality unstable. What legal rights do we have to present to human resources?. In our handbook it is a rule about posting matters dealing with work. Should I start a petition?

John Courtney John Peter Lee, Ltd.

In Nevada, an at-will employee can be terminated for any reason or no reason at all as long as certain whistleblower laws and discrimination laws are not violated by the employer in so doing. You can communicate with HR regarding your concerns, but ultimately, it will be up to the employer as to whether the employee will be terminated.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Nevada

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms