Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Nevada

We just bought a new house and moved in about two weeks ago. My neighbor's daughter (she's about 20-23) constantly smokes weed in the backyard, but only when her parents are gone. The stink drifts over into our yard, and I find the smell totally nauseating, which means I can't sit outside in my own yard when she's back there getting high. If I talk to her and she refuses to stop, what kind of recourse do I have? We live in a nice neighborhood and I don't want to create issues, but I also don't want to have to smell her marijuana stink.

Jeffrey Cogan Jeffrey A. Cogan, Esq., Ltd.

You have a case for nuisance. A judge could issue an order for her to stop or at least do something to prevent her from having the smoke go onto your property. A judge would also require that you speak to both the daughter and the homeowner before you get the courts involved. I have done a similar case where the neighbor was using sprinklers and the water overspray went onto my clients property and wiped out a garden.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Nevada