New Jersey  |  Technology Law

My website, CircumSeeker.com, acts as a third party between user and organizations. Users ask organizations questions via an email form on my website, upon which an email is generated and sent to the particular organization requesting a response. Failure to respond to the user's question within 14 days results in a poor response rating for the organization on my website (reminder emails are also sent). Responses by organizations can be public or private, and the content is added to my website for monetization purposes.

While my website is the "sender", it is not the originator. The emails are not selling or promoting any product or service (besides a corporate logo), however, the emails do add to the content on the website. I am reluctant to add an "opt-out" link and comply with CanSpam rules on the emails as an "opt-out" link will undermine the purpose of the website (and it's effectiveness to elicit an response). I need legal advice. I would like to send a test email to you from my website for you to assess its "spammyness."

Thanks