New Jersey  |  Consumer Law

I run a free Dinner on Christmas day at a local non-profit facility. I am thinking of doing a home delivery service for that day this year for people that can't get out. ONce the food leaves the faciltiy how much liabilty do I have for it if the client doesn't use proper food procedures and it spoils.

Answered on: 3/25/13, 1:12 pm by Peter Lamont

The answer depends on various facts not contained in your post. You could face significant liability, but if set up correctly very little. I would really need to know more before I could give you a proper response.

Peter J. Lamont, Esq. Law Offices of Peter J. Lamont 623 Lafayette Avenue, Suite 2, Hawthorne, NJ 07506 Phone: (973) 949-3770 Fax: (866) 603-0471 Toll Free: (855) NJLAW01 (855) 655-2901 www.peterlamontesq.com Additional Offices in New York, Monument, CO, San Juan, PR and affiliates throughout the country. PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. Transmission of the information is not intended to create, and the receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship between sender and receiver. You should not act or rely on any information contained on this site without first seeking the advice of an attorney.

Law Offices of Peter J. Lamont 623 Lafayette Avenue, Suite 2 Hawthorne, NJ 07506