Legal Question in Environmental Law in New Jersey

I own a house in Phillipsburg nj and rent it out.According the lease tanent should cut the lawn but recently I got a summon need appear to court for violation of code not cut the lawn.I show up in court.The prosecutor offer me plea guilty just fine snall amount but rejected and plea not guilty and wait for trial Am I did ?Someone say I should accept the offer .if I change my mind what should i do?thanks

Keith Singer Keith A. Singer, Attorney At Law

Based on the information presented you should accept the plea and pay the small fine. You should call the prosecutor and inform him that you changed your mine. However if there is no time the plea offer should still be honored when you appear you should speak to the prosecutor before the case is called. Your tenant has violated the lease provision as you described it, you need to send a letter to the tenant notifying him or her. You may bill him or her for your fine and court costs. There may additional information to which I am not privy and I have not read your lease therefore this may not be relied upon as legal advice. I hope this helps. If your require assistance in dealing with your tenant, please feel free to contact me. Best regards, Keith A. Singer, Esq. 732-749-3700

More Environmental Law questions and answers in New Jersey