New Jersey  |  Environmental Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/29/13, 12:56 pm

I own a house in Phillipsburg nj and rent it out.According the lease tanent should cut the lawn but recently I got a summon need appear to court for violation of code not cut the lawn.I show up in court.The prosecutor offer me plea guilty just fine snall amount but rejected and plea not guilty and wait for trial Am I did ?Someone say I should accept the offer .if I change my mind what should i do?thanks

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/29/13, 1:09 pm by Keith Singer

Based on the information presented you should accept the plea and pay the small fine. You should call the prosecutor and inform him that you changed your mine. However if there is no time the plea offer should still be honored when you appear you should speak to the prosecutor before the case is called. Your tenant has violated the lease provision as you described it, you need to send a letter to the tenant notifying him or her. You may bill him or her for your fine and court costs. There may additional information to which I am not privy and I have not read your lease therefore this may not be relied upon as legal advice. I hope this helps. If your require assistance in dealing with your tenant, please feel free to contact me. Best regards, Keith A. Singer, Esq. 732-749-3700

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Keith A. Singer, Attorney At Law 1901 Route 71, Suite 3-E West Belmar, NJ 07719

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search